Friday, October 14, 2016

Lucida No. 1

I have been asked on several occasions if I could make a 12 string baritone, or an 8 string baritone, or a baritone with a wider neck. This instrument will do all of these things. I built it for myself as a proof of concept before making more. But it turned out so well that I can’t keep it for myself. Since I got a deal on it, it is likely to be the least expensive of its kind if I make more.

I made this instrument out of a Lucida LG-BS1-G bajo sexto blem of unknown year. It is currently strung as a baritone 12 string tuned A-A. The bottom 8 strings are in octave pairs and the top 4 strings are unison pairs – just like a regular 12 only tuned down a 5th. It does have a small finish issue at the binding on the top lower bout that I have pictured. It is a color issue – the finish is smooth. It also has a couple of light scratches on the back.

It has a sound port and I can string and set this guitar up as a 12, 8, or 6 string guitar – it’s up to you. I am selling this guitar on eBay for $449 without a case.

Specifications:

Scale Length:                25 ½ inches
Nut Width:                    2 ¼ inches
Total Length:                40 ½ inches
Body Length:                19 ¾ inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 inches
Lower Bout Width        15 ¼ inches
Body Depth:                   4 ½ inches

Features:

  • Spruce Top
  • Mahogany Back & Sides
  • Rosewood Fretboard
  • 4-Band EQ Pickup
  • Multi-Colored Rosette





No comments:

Post a Comment