Sunday, October 2, 2016

Alvarez RB30 No. 11

I made this baritone from what I believe is a 2002 Alvarez RB-30 NAT that is just beginning to age wonderfully. It does have a few dings on the top that I have tried to picture. They are pretty small but noticeable. It has a scratch or two on the back and on the sides that I saw in reflection while I was converting it but they are insignificant and I can’t picture them. It has beautiful but understated inlays on the headstock and rosette and I have finished it with a sound port and gold tuners. These Alvarez baritones are among the best sounding that I make and among the most praised by their owners. This instrument’s sustain is incredible. I am selling it without a case for $499 and as of this writing I do have a hard case available for an additional $75. Sold - Thanks James!

  

Features (from the Alvarez website):

Body Style: Cutaway Jumbo Bass
Back: Maple
Top: Solid Spruce
Fingerboard:   Rosewood
Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
Bridge: Rosewood
Body Binding: Multiple
Finish: Natural
Electronics: EQ-7545R


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                48 inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        16 ½ inches

Body Depth:                 4 ½ inches








No comments:

Post a Comment