Sunday, September 4, 2016

Austin BCA3 No. 1

I made this baritone guitar out of what I believe to be a 2008 Austin BCA3 that is in very nearly perfect condition. I found only small signs of use when I was converting it. This guitar is huge and sounds as good as any guitar I make. I can’t find any information on this model on the internet. I believe that the top is a spruce laminate and the back, sides and neck are mahogany. It appears to have a rosewood fingerboard and rosewood bridge and it has a beautiful mother of pearl inlay on the headstock. I put in a new bone nut and saddle and I have finished it with chrome hardware and a sound port. I it has a Q-PH active EQ preamp that sounds great plugged in. I am selling this guitar on eBay for $449 without a case. As of this writing I do have a used hard shell case in very good condition available for an additional $75.Kevin's Guitar


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                46 ½ inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 ¼ inches
Lower Bout Width        17 inches

Body Depth:                   5 inches






No comments:

Post a Comment